For midwinter break, I have been thinking about taking the girls to my parents' house. No matter where we are or how old I get, it will always be home.
Unfortunately, it is February out there in the world. Just because the month tends to throw out glorious days here in WA (67 degrees on Tuesday!), that doesn't mean anywhere else will put on a spring dress. There are a few mountain passes between me and my home. Still wearing their snow pants and wool socks.
Doubly unfortunately, Leroy Maximus, the trusty white Suburban is not feeling so trustworthy these days. He has a serious case of the palsy. We've put off taking him in; alas he is in need of some mechanical doctoring.
That all combines to make my longing for home even worse.
As I was thinking about it, I realized that it is that same longing that keeps me on the strait and narrow. I want to go home to Heavenly Father some day. There is one way and I know that way, so I'm going that way. Life storms come and go. Life breaks down. The price for living on earth goes up and down. Some days seem like forever and some fly by. It doesn't matter. I'm going home and that is my goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment